A Sneak Peek into the World of Karen Millen......Welcome to the Spring Summer '13 Press Preview!!!

Monday, March 11, 2013

I eat, drink and sleep fashion.......and sometimes......just sometimes those dreams become a reality!! As many of my regular readers will know my favourite brand is Karen Millen, as their attention to detail, cut and design aesthetic suits me perfectly!  When I was contacted by the Irish PR team inviting me to the Press Preview of the second phase of their Spring Summer '13 Collection I was beyond excited!! A chance to preview the new collection before it hit the stores?? Talk about a dream come true!!! The Press Day was held in the fabulous Cliff Town House in Dublin, and as I made my travel arrangements to Dublin I was counting the days until I would have the chance to view the new collection in person!!


Upon arrival I was treated to a fabulous breakfast, everything from croissants and musli, fresh fruit and coffee and tea, but it wasn't long until I was browsing the rails of the new collection, honestly, I was like a kid let loose in a toy store!! So many beautiful things I didn't know where to start!!

I had the lovely Sinéad talk me through the different "stories" for the season, and this season they can be broken down into three "edits":

Clean Scenes: with a strong focus on a minimal, singular silhouette. Modernist-inspired, perfectly tailored pieces in a restrained mood. This edit is all about simplicity.

Urban Edit: this collection is all about creating the ultimate city weekend wardrobe. Relaxed shapes in authentic hand-worked denim and snakeskin with restrained embellishment. We're talking dressed down glamour at it's very best!

Geisha Boudoir: this was probably my favourite edit and was all about high glamour! A subtle Oriental mood setting the tone, with shimmering pale metallics, delicate embellished lace, intricate detailing and dramatic decoration!!!






Wandering between the various mannequins showing off the key looks, I was very pleased to see the diversity of the collection as a whole, monochrome and neon brights, tweed and silk, relaxed denim and leather. There really is something for everyone as the many separates can be mixed and matched to create your own individual look, toughen up a feminine lace top with a leather pleated skirt, pair down florals with the perfect skinny jeans, this collection is a stylist's dream!



Question is however, what did I fall in love with.........??? Well I do love Karen Millen bandage dresses and this latest version of their signature body con bandage dress was to die for! With such a flattering and eye catching print, the Space Tie Dye Bandage Knit dress is top of my wish list!!


I also loved the glamour of the Geisha Boudoir edit! I already have a similar Karen Millen dress in my collection, but it was the attention to detail which really sets this strapless dress apart from the rest! Adorned with sheer silk chiffon petals and intricate floral embroidery, it remains both fashion forward and classic in it's silhouette!


A taste of the orient came in the form of this show stopping number! Floral.....check! Oriental......check! Neon brights......check! A very trend lead piece, for anyone who want's to match the fashion cognoscenti in the style stakes, this is the dress to wear!


I also love a good red carpet dress, and after seeing all the neutrals on the red carpet at this year's Oscar's, BAFTA's, etc. I couldn't help but love this stone coloured strapless full length silk ruffle dress! With the black band detailing just underneath the bust line, it was reminiscent of the kind of dress Style Icon Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively) would have been seen wearing at THE most glamorous of events in "Gossip Girl"!


This season it's all about strong tailoring, and it was the perfect cut of this white dress that caught me eye! Carrying through the peplum trend, the Japanese folded belt design and dramatic cut outs at the back take this classically cut dress and gives it a sleek modern edge!


Colour was out in force and this season Karen Millen have really outdone themselves in their jeans! I myself was wearing this season's Metallic Jeans (PQ055) but I couldn't help but swoon over these stunning coral/orange ombré jeans! Paired with a striped mini bowler bag, it ticked all the boxes!


Accessories wise, I was spoilt for choice, but I'm a bit like a magpie, totally attracted to anything sparkly!! These Swarovski encrusted clutches and shoes were to die for!! I especially loved the clutches, they will take any ensemble and elevate it to a whole other level!!!



As for myself......well what did I choose to wear for the occasion? Well of course it had to be Karen Millen!! So far one of my favourite purchases this season has been my Metallic Jeans (PQ055) and as the preview was a morning event, I wanted more of a casual luxe feel to my ensemble! I paired it with my Wooly tweed jacket (JP017), the Zebra print cardigan (KJ117) and my Tassel white mini bag (GL222) to carry all my fashion essentials!!

For me I can see this collection working for all aspects of a girls lifestyle, from a casual lunch with the girls to the most glam of events! I have already got a wish list as long as my arm and I hope you've enjoyed my walk through on the collection!!

Myself wearing Metallic Jeans, (PQ055) Wooly tweed jacket (JP017), the Zebra print cardigan (KJ117) and my Tassel white mini bag (GL222) (both unseen in photo).



Massive thanks to Sinéad Whelan and Katie Allen from Aurora Fashions Ireland PR Team for the invite and for supplying me with Campaign images!
Photographs from the event all my own.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Sounds like a fab day! All the clothes are gorgeous! Gina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a fantastic time checking out the fabulous new designs Gina! Karen Millen have really out done themselves this time!! Lou x

      Delete
  2. Was great ro have you there. Fab post, sums the day up perfectly! Traci x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Traci!!! Really appreciated the invite and it was fantastic to finally meet you in the flesh!! So glad you loved the blog post, see you soon! Lou x

      Delete
  3. So jealous you were able to attend, the clothes look beautiful! Loved what you were wearing too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment! I loved getting the chance to preview the Karen Millen high summer collection, some great pieces coming up in the collection! My outfit is all from Karen Millen, my favourite label! Louise x

      Delete
  4. Such an honour to be invited!
    Looks like such a great event!
    I saw your post on the Company feed.
    Would love to follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know with a comment and I always follow back!
    You have a great blog and I love your style of writing!
    Love G xx

    www.supercalafashionistic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgia!! So sorry for my late reply! It was a fantastic event and as a major Karen Millen fan it was a dream come true for me to attend! Thanks so much for your lovely comment & I'm really pleased you enjoy reading my posts! It would be my pleasure to follow you & I look forward to following your posts!

      Louise xx

      Delete