My night as a "Bond Girl" at the Unify Fashion Showcase!

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Oh my, what a night! As much as I love my cute outfits during the day, i'm a glam girl at heart & nothing makes me happier than dressing up for a truly fabulous night out........

Photograph by Norm Keilty.

Every little girl has dreams and aspirations........as for the young "Elle Woods" well I would be captivated by the stunning gowns that sashayed down the red carpet at events such as the Oscars! I always hoped that when I would grow up I would have opportunities to wear such beautiful evening gowns! Well I may not have been lucky enough to walk down a Hollywood red carpet, but I have however had lots of opportunities to wear some beautiful evening gowns over the years! 

From the first time I wore an evening dress to my school formal at age 18 I was smitten, and even now I still get a sense of excitement when I get to dress in Black Tie!

It was therefore with great excitement that I was able to attend the Unify Fashion Showcase on Saturday! Not only was this show to be held in the prestigious and opulent surroundings of Stormont, Parliament Buildings, but none other than Aston Martin were sponsoring it! Of course at this point I had visions of men in black tie attire and Aston Martin's......would I meet my James Bond........and more importantly did I have the perfect dress for such an event???

Well I have to admit I do have quite a collection of dresses in my wardrobe, (in fact I still have and still fit into and my original pale apple green bias silk gown from my formal!) but I knew right away which dress I had to wear!!

I had recently been in my second home, AKA Karen Millen and Alison the Store Manager had told me of THE most amazing dress they had! A strapless cobalt blue gown, with a full pleated skirt......they had only one, and guess what?? It was in my size!!!!!
At that time I had nothing upcoming to wear it to.....but it was love at first sight the second I tried it on! A timeless and elegant gown, but with a cool modern edge I simply adored the fabulous movement in the full pleated skirt and how it flowed with every step I took!



Having fun in store trying on 
the Strapless fluid pleat dress (DP305) From Karen Millen!!

I believe sometimes it's not the person who finds the dress, but rather it's the dress that finds the person! You know the kind.....the dress that everyone compliments you on and tells you it was just made for you!! Well for me that was this dress!

The evening lived up to all expectations, Stormont is a majestic building and was the perfect backdrop to the stunning designs on show from some of Northern Ireland's top design talent! The men looked suave in tuxedos, and the women every bit the "Bond Girls" in their stunning evening gowns! I of course couldn't resist posing for a few photos with the jaw dropping Aston Martin........now all I need is my Daniel Craig........!!!

Photograph by Stephen Potter.

Photograph by Rodney Simpson.

Photograph by Norm Keilty.

Photograph by Rodney Simpson.


Massive thanks to CMPR for the invite to the Unify Fashion Showcase & to Norm Keilty, Rodney Simpson & Stephen Potter for kindly photographing me at the event!

You Might Also Like

0 comments