Taking on the Charity Shop Challenge at West Coast Cooler BelfastFASHIONWEEK SS14!!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014



It's hard to believe that we're entering the tenth year of West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK, and to celebrate there will be a very special show taking place in Stormont, Parliament Buildings on Friday 21st March.........Paddy McGurgan's Make Up Extravaganza, and the "Charity Shop Challenge"!!

It's aim: to bring together twelve fashion bloggers and/or stylists with twelve nominated charities to create special ten piece catwalk worthy collections and it's been my pleasure to come on board with the British Heart Foundation! As someone who has sat in the FASHIONWEEK FROW for many years, I never imagined I would have to opportunity to style together looks to appear on their catwalk, and to be able to realise my dream whilst helping to promote and create awareness for such a worthwhile charity, well it's made it all the more special!

It's been a fantastic experience trying to construct together a ten piece collection that showcases the very best of what the British Heart Foundation charity shops have to offer, and I have been very pleasantly surprised at the variety and amount of top High Street and designer names I have found! Did I manage to source something from my beloved Karen Millen I hear you ask.........well you will just have to wait and see on the night!!!

From sequins to faux fur, leather and silk, there has been lots for me to choose from and I've really enjoyed the challenge of styling together each of my ten looks! While the final ten outfits will have to remain a mystery until the actual show, I can give you a sneak peek at one of my fabulous finds that was photographed as part of the FASHIONWEEK SS'14 trend shoot!!!

As soon as I spotted the vibrant fuchsia pink dots of this River Island "Starlet" dress I fell in love with it! With it's taffeta style fabric, it creates a striking silhouette, from it's cute puffed cap sleeves, to it's soft tulip skirt and daring exposed zip neckline! I especially loved it's diamanté ring zip pull detailing, giving the dress a fun and flirty feel!


Model Mairead Leigha totally rocked the dress at the trend shoot and I can't wait to see how it looks on the FASHIONWEEK catwalk!!!! As for the rest of my looks.............well dear readers you will just have wait and see, as all will be revealled on the night!!!



Media coverage of FASHIONWEEK SS'14 feat. the River Island "Starlet" dress in the News Letter newspaper!



Tickets still available for the Charity Shop Challenge/Paddy McGurgan Make Up Show on Fri 21st March at Stormont, Parliament Buildings. For the full FASHIONWEEK schedule click www.belfastfashionweek.com. Catwalk tickets, which cost £20 (or £25 for a limited number of exclusive front row seats), are available from the Belfast Welcome Centre on 028 9024 6609 or via the website. Ticket price includes a fabulous goodie bag and a refreshing West Coast Cooler.

Massive thanks to Lisa Bell at CMPR for sending me through all the FASHIONWEEK trend shoot photographs shot by Khara Pringle. FASHIONWEEK SS14,Trend Shoot video shot by Aislinn Hagan.

You Might Also Like

0 comments