My Fashionable Verdict on the Lidl Fashion Line SS'15 Launch!

Friday, March 13, 2015


Ok I admit it, I'm known as a bit of a "Label's Queen" however most of us (myself included) can't always afford to have a wardrobe full of designer threads! Generally most of us either shop on the High Street, or mix and match our designer items with High Street pieces to get the look!

Well this fashionista got a bit of a shock when I was invited to a fashion launch of a brand new label.........the name of this particular store will come as a shock to most (as it's certainly not known for fashion), and if I'm honest even I myself was a little unsure of what to expect! however I'm pleased to report that I was very pleasantly surprised!!

Imagine being able to get an entire outfit for under £30, now I'm talking everything from shoes, clothes, jewellery, sunglasses even hats! Well that's the promise that this new kid on the block has promised........and it turns out that Lidl Fashion has delivered on it's promise! The first range from the "Esmara" collection, available in store now, finds it's stylish roots inspired by Venice, the Italian city of water, and the rest of the collection will be phased in throughout March, April, May and June!

 
For the first time ever Lidl Northern Ireland has introduced an extensive fashion collection, including womanswear, menswear and even childrenswear! Launching their Esmara spring/summer fashion collection, the range features a selection of classic pieces and accessories which can be mixed and matched to create the perfect capsule wardrobe, for an easy transition from spring to summer at a fraction of the high street cost! Now this is where Lidl has been clever, they have focused on producing simple pieces that aren't overly elaborate, therefore keeping manufacturing costs low, allowing them to spend money on things like natural materials and making sure that coats, etc. are fully lined! Something I would never expect from a range so competitively priced!
 

 

 
The launch event was such a lovely opportunity to mix with my fellow bloggers, media and fashion experts over a delicious brunch provided by the venue, Made In Belfast, (best of all we had Buck's Fizz cocktails, my kind of brunch!) Plus we had ample time to browse through the rails to pick out our "must haves" from the full collection! Now us fashion folk are a tough crowd, we attend a lot of fashion launches and it takes a lot to impress us, but all everyone was talking about was the insane value of the collection! £2.99 for a pair of leggings with faux leather detailing? Seriously my tights cost more that that and I would definitely rock those leggings alongside my designer threads!

Buck's Fizz Cocktail for breakfast? Sure why not! Hehe!

Leggings with faux leather detailing only £2.99!!!
 
Catching up with fashion stylist Eve Brannon!


Other stand out pieces was their iconic trench coat, fully lined for only £14.99 (available in stone, navy & red) a gorgeous layered cami available in various colours, a relaxed striped metallic top that can be styled in soooo many ways, a stunning yellow summer dress I just have to have and a super cute blue floral number which looks every bit as amazing in the flesh as it does in the lookbook photos!


Trenchcoat only £14.99!
 




As for accessories, well you have footwear, hats, sunglasses, even lingerie! Lidl really are pulling out all the stops to provide a true one stop shop for all your SS15 needs! In fact I fell in love with their statement necklaces so much that I headed straight over to their store in High St, Belfast and picked two of them up for myself!



 
Speaking about the launch of Lidl’s spring/summer 2015 collection, Jasmine O’Brien, Lidl Northern Ireland, said: “As we see increased demand for fashion forward clothing at great value, it’s an exciting step for us to launch our full spring/summer 2015 collection, which features a selection of ladies’, men’s and kids’ wear.
“With more choice than ever before, customers can purchase a whole outfit from us without the big price tag. The collection focuses on classic pieces and accessories, which can be mixed and matched to create the perfect spring and holiday capsule wardrobe at a fraction of the high street cost.”



It may be somewhere that us fashionista's aren't used to shopping in for our clothes, but based on the fantastic launch event I would say it's totally worth making that effort to come instore and pick up a few items from the range! The leggings, yellow dress and blue floral dress are all pieces I can see working alongside my existing wardrobe, plus there is something rather cool about styling a Lidl dress with a Versace silk scarf, don't you think! I look forward to these pieces coming in store in the coming weeks so I can snag them for myself, so look out for future OOTD posts feat. Lidl!


Massive thanks to Paula and Hannah from Smarts Communicate for their kind invitation to attend the launch and for providing me with all the professional imagery!

You Might Also Like

0 comments