Taking on the George at ASDA #StyleShowdown at FASHIONWEEK!

Sunday, October 04, 2015


Anyone who knows me knows that I’m a self confessed shopaholic! I'm in my element when I’m off shopping, checking out all the latest Autumn/Winter pieces and styling together outfits! Which is why I was so excited when the lovely people at George at Asda invited me along with fellow blogger Gemma-Louise Bond at That Belfast Girl and stylist and Cool FM Presenter Rebecca McKinney to take part in their “Style Showdown” in conjunction with West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK !

Our task was to style together two super stylish looks on a budget of £75 with the key items from George’s new season collection. Then with the help of all of you, my lovely readers I have to choose one overall look to put forward for the ultimate “Style Showdown” against Gemma-Louise and Rebecca on the West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK Facebook page and at FASHIONWEEK’s High Street Catwalk show on the 16th October!

Of course I knew I'd have to up my styling game, as both Gemma-Louise and Rebecca have a great eye for style, so off we went to meet with head of George NI, Kim Walsh to receive our £75 budgets and to shop our little hearts out!

This season George have really captured the spirit of the hottest trends of the season, from carefree wilderness boho to stylish monochrome, and I wanted both my looks to really showcase the versatility and diversity of the collection!


Look One was a real style departure for me, I decided to fully embrace my inner “Boho Princess” and opt for a carefree, but perfectly put together boho look! I instantly fell in love with a floral print tunic style blouse, which due to it’s longer length meant I was able to wear it as a dress! Untying the bow at the front, I wrapped the ends of the bow to the back thus creating a perfectly nipped in waist and finished off the look with a woven suede belt! Accessories wise I continued the 70’s feel with a super cute felt fedora hat, and drew attention to the daring neckline with a fabulous beaded tassel necklace all from the new Autumn/Winter collection from George.



To tie in with the on trend warm and earthy autumnal palette of the tunic I then added some burgundy tights and my beloved knee high boots. Perfect for any 70’s look! Then to illustrate how well high end & low end pieces can work together I couldn't resist adding in my latest arm candy, my Aspinal letterbox saddle bag and my treasured Hermès “H” Clic Clac bracelet!

Look One Wilderness Boho:
George Fedora hat £8.
George Floral print tunic style blouse (worn as dress) £14.
George Black beaded necklace £8.
Handbag (stylist's own).
Bracelet (stylist's own).
George Black suede woven belt £4.
Tights (stylist's own).
Knee high boots (stylist's own).
Total: £34


For look Two it was a return to my signature style: chic and minimal in a monochrome palette, it was all about contrasting textures and sharp, clean tailoring giving the look an effortlessly sophisticated feel. I loved the luxe feel to the leather look trim blazer, which when worn over the shoulders creates a strong, modern silhouette!



The metallic zip pocket skirt worked this season’s love of metallics into a wearable daytime look, while my cute and sassy white crochet top finished off the monochrome feel to the ensemble! Jewellery wise, the kind people at George had gifted me this necklace for taking part in the challenge, and I couldn't believe how perfectly it worked with my “City Chic” look, in fact I think it really pulled the whole look together!

Look Two Monochromatic City Chic:
George Leather look trim blazer £25.
White crochet top (stylist's own).
George Zip pocket skirt £14.
George tassel necklace (stylist's own).
Nude coloured sandals (stylist's own).
Total: £39

Now comes the hard part…….which outfit do you like the most?? I wanted to showcase just how versatile the George AW15 collection is and the variety of the trends on offer, but which outfit do you, my readers like the most? Only one of these looks can go forward to the #StyleShowdown final on the Belfast FASHIONWEEK Facebook page and I need your help to choose one! So which has caught your eye? Are you a #BohoPrincess or #CityChic girl? You can vote below on my Facebook page by clicking the links below and liking/commenting on your favourite look with the hashtag #BohoPrincess or #CityChic!

Vote HERE for #BohoPrincess!

Vote HERE for #CityChic!


 Massive thanks to Adrian Quinn Photography for the shots of each of my outfits!


You Might Also Like

0 comments