Style Diaries: Green With Envy! Day 1 West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK SS17

Monday, April 17, 2017



Twice a year I have the pleasure of attending West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK and it is always a highlight of my fashion calendar. Not only do I love checking out all the must have trends of the season on the catwalk but I always look forward to seeing what everyone is wearing to the shows too!

Street Style is now such an important aspect of Fashion Week's around the world, and I have always enjoyed stepping up to the challenge of coming up with statement looks for my FASHIONWEEK OOTD's. My aim is always to push fashion boundaries with each of my looks whilst staying true to my own intrinsic personal style. After all FASHIONWEEK is THE perfect time to experiment and have fun, and it’s definitely not the time to be a fashion wall flower!



For me personal style isn’t about being a slave to the trends, but rather adopting a look which works for you, and in my case, that has always been my attention to detail! I find one piece I love, (in this case it's this stunning green lace dress from designer label Self-Portrait) then I build the rest of the outfit around that item, carefully curating the look until it seamlessly comes together!

Firstly let’s begin by talking about this amazing Self-Portrait dress! A label which is synonymous with bloggers and celebrities alike, it is often copied on the high street but nothing beats the original! The quality of this dress is amazing, from the hidden corsetry within the top half to the lace detailing and even the wire in the striking arm cuffs maintaining their unique shape, I can totally understand why the label has become so popular amongst the fashion cognoscenti and I can confirm it is definitely worth every penny!



The Self-Portrait dress is such a vibrant shade of green I opted not to contrast the colour but rather match it to the green accessories I already had in my wardrobe to create a seamless top to toe monotone look!

Accessories wise I wanted to continue a feel of luxury by styling the dress with some exotics like snakeskin and croc. My clutch is one of my wardrobe staples, a snake print envelope clutch from Karen Millen, which is surprisingly roomy, with a fabulous art deco style clasp. My sandals were a gorgeous metallic green snakeskin from Dune with serious skyscraper heels that are surprisingly easy to walk in! Of course even my pedicure was in keeping with the green theme with a mixture of Nails Inc. green nail polish and a fabulous green glitter top coat from Ingot.



Green was equally as prominent in my jewellery, with my prized Hermès croc Collier de Chien cuff in stunning emerald taking centre stage! Hermès is one of my favourite designer brands, and their CDC cuffs have always been a particular favourite of mine as they give any ensemble an edgy and luxurious feel! I’m lucky enough to have a couple of them in my collection and every time I wear one I feel they elevate my outfit to a whole new level!





I then paired my cuff with another favourite of mine, my Tacori rings! This Californian based jewellery design house produces THE most amazing rings you have ever seen! The intricate engraving on their ring bands and elaborate settings are works of art in their own right and I felt my emerald cut, east west set ring and matching half eternity band would be the perfect finishing touch to my ensemble! Last but by no means least I kept it simple with a delicate necklace in the form of my white gold, diamond and Tahitian pearl pendant! Tahitian pearls have such a unique look to their colour and lustre, with this particular pearl reflecting both green and silver hues that perfectly complimented my dress!



Self-Portrait Butterfly guipure lace mini dress, Dune “Gable D” snakeskin platform sandals, Karen Millen snakeprint envelope clutch (GM208), Hermès croc Collier de Chien cuff in palladium hardware, Tacori emerald cut east west ring, Tacori half eternity ring, white gold diamond & Tahitian pearl necklace.
Photograph by Brendan Gallagher.
As always I had such a fun evening catching up with all of my fashion friends on the FROW at West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK, and I hope you have enjoyed checking out my OOTD from Day 1 of the shows! A massive thank you to Cathy, Freddie, Ryan and the rest of the team for making me feel so welcome, and congratulations to them all for a fantastic first night!


All photography taken by Adrian Quinn Photography unless otherwise stated.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Aww you are too kind Sarah, thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the monochromatic look! Perfectly styled for Fashion Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mayra, I'm really glad you love how I pulled all the pieces together for Fashion Week, I had so much fun wearing it!

      Delete
  3. YESSS! I am in love with this look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you love how I styled u this look, thanks for your lovely comment Jordan!

      Delete
  4. The dress, gorgeous, BUT THOSE SHOES! OMG! Looooooove them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I can tell you are a lover of killer heels too Angie! Thanks so much for commenting!! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much Antel, and wishing you a lovely day too!

    ReplyDelete