Style Diaries: Chanel Vibes & Herve Leger!

Saturday, June 10, 2017



I have to confess i'm a lover of classic, luxury style and while I do love to experiment with the latest trends my heart will always belong to timeless style! I've always been a firm believer in investing in high quality pieces as they will become the backbone your wardrobe. They may seem expensive at the time, but you will find that over time cost per wear they end up paying for themselves! These core items will be different for everyone depending on their lifestyle, in my case I love dressing up so I love to invest in dressier pieces that cat be dressed up or down rather than über casual pieces.

I have always loved bodycon bandage dresses and over the years I have acquired quite a collection of them, however it was always a wish of mine that one day I would invest in acquiring what is arguably THE ultimate bandage dress designer........ Hervé Leger!

My aim was to opt for a classic style and colour that wouldn't date and would become my go to staple dress, and as soon as I spotted the "Dania" I knew I had found the one! The intricate hand crafted detailing on this dress is insane, with interwoven bandage strips, forming detailed bandage appliqué and slash inserts creating a truly stunning dress. When you see it up close you can really appreciate the level of craftsmanship that has went into creating such a beautiful garment. The dress itself is so heavy and the baggage material really pulls you in creating THE most fabulous hourglass figure!


Next I wanted to find the perfect jacket to complement my dress, and I found it from one of my favourite High Street stores, Zara! I've always been a fan of the classic Chanel jacket and Zara have always been fantastic at producing Chanel inspired designs that always hit the right style notes! This one has THE most amazing tassel sleeves giving this classic jacket a more contemporary feel. I finished off the Chanel look with one of my favourite Chanel CC diamanté brooches, after all us girlies do love a little bling!!


Accessories wise I decided to compliment the sky blue tones of my jacket with this super cute mini bag from See by Chloe! The "Paige" bag has to be one of my favourite mini mags, I adore it's hardware details which really elevate the overall design of the bag, while the proportions of the bag means it holds a surprising amount of items! It really is a "Mary Poppins" bag! Lastly I kept my jewellery simple with my diamond rings and my Cartier "Love" bracelet and matched the navy tones of my dress with an elegant pair of satin shoes from Parisian fashion designer Lanvin!


This outfit for me is such a classic look and I really enjoyed wearing it to the recent Merchant Hotel Fabulous Fashion Teas with David Yurman at Lunns The Jewellers. This event really is the ultimate girly day out with delicious food, bubbly and fine jewellery in THE most luxurious of surroundings! I had so much fun catching up with all my fashion friends and everyone behind the scenes at the show who put so much time and effort into staging the Fashion Teas twice a year!

Catching up with Tracey Rodgers, owner of The Style Academy Model Agency.
Massive thank you to the Directors of Lunns The Jewellers for inviting me along to The merchant Hotel's Fabulous Fashion Teas and to Adrian Quinn Photography for all photography!


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. That's such a cute look and I love the Chloe bag. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jackie, I'm so glad you love the Chloè, I'm a massive fan of mini bags and this is my favourite from my collection! Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  2. The dress is fabulous but the Chanel jacket really gives the overall jacket character. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Gigi! I have to confess I've been obsessed with this jacket since I bought it at the beginning of the year, it just goes with everything! So glad you liked the post and thanks so much for your comment!

      Delete
  3. Chanel is one of my favorite designers. It's continually a classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Pam, Chanel will always be one of my favourite brands due their timeless and classic style! Thanks for you comment!

      Delete
  4. I love everything about your outfit, especially the jacket. Such a classic look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krystal! I'm obsessed with this style of jacket and I couldn't resist it with the tassel cuffs, so pleased you love it too! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete